Welcome to Wednesday's World of Work!
Have you hugged your work today? I mean, have you embraced your work with gratitude today? It might keep you from complaining.
I'm excited to announce my new WOW button! Actually, I have two because I can't make up my mind as to which one I like best, the candy stripe pink or the pale blue. What do you think? Please let me know.
Anyhow, I worked hard on these. I did! But I'm not complaining! So please, starting next Wednesday, discontinue using the old heart-shaped button thingy. Say, "Good By." It has been replaced!
Ah now... don't complain, just give it some chocolate and some tissue and send it along. It'll find a new home or dissipate into the vast vortex of nothingness. It'll be alright.
Speaking of vast vortex, I've decided to zoom in on the WOW blog-hop a tad. It's guidelines were too broad. They seem to have confused the Work part of Wednesday's World. My bad!
Don't worry , my friends, most of you are faithfully submitting 100% perfectly creative, delicious, innovative, and inspiring posts, projects, tutorials and recipes. The following is meant to better clarify what constitutes work-related posts. It will keep us all from complaining later.
Why in the world did I start this blog-hop anyhow?
Good question. I started this blog-hop in hopes to inspire, motivate, recognize and compliment the work we do -- to share what we do by linking together so that we might do what needs doing more readily and a lot less grudgingly. And, why not, friends? There is nothing wrong but everything right with finding gratitude and joy in the work we do. Thank God for work. Praise God for good work.
So here are the settings to help zoom in on the Work part of our WOW.
- Projects, tips and tricks that save us money, time, resources or our sanity, such as budgeting, housekeeping, decorating, remodeling, recycling, resourceful creativity, living on less, anything home-made (gifts, toiletries, clothes, accessories, decorations), etc.
- Any work at home announcements or any time or money-saving entrepreneurial tips or tricks.
- Homeschooling or private tutoring announcements, tips or suggestions that help save time, money, resources and the joy of learning.
- Money and time-saving cleaning, laundering, gardening, husbandry, canning, preserving, landscaping shortcuts, tips or tricks.
- Money and time-saving cooking and baking tips, tricks or recipes; entertaining on a budget; how to start a recipe blog or book; .
- Money and time-saving parenting. Inspire to be inspired! Making and implementing chore charts; large family logistics; homemade/recycled toys, gifts, clothes, decorations, furniture, etc.
- Tutorials that compliment the above criteria.
- Musicians are welcome to share their compositions, arrangements, and brief recordings.
- Writers are welcome to briefly share their work experiences in the writing, blogging, publishing, freelance, workshop world. If you have free tutorials or prompts, share an invite. You may link to a short project or writing style sample (i.e. poetry, flash fiction).
- Preachers and teachers are welcome to share the work they do, but not the sermons they preach. :-) (However, our pastor once blogged about the work that goes into preparing a sermon, and that would make a very good and appropriate WOW link.)
“When a person finds themselves predisposed to complaining about how little they are regarded by others, let them reflect how little they have contributed to the happiness of others.” – Samuel Johnson
So, now it's your turn, my beautiful working friends:
To add your link, simply type your name and post URL in the form below and press Submit Link. Your email address will not be displayed! And please leave a sweet comment after linking. (Any spam will be fried and burnt to a crisp, discretely and without complaining.)
|1.||Aurie @ Our Good Life||2.||Larri @ Seams Inspired|
Photo by terren in Virginia